Monday, September 21, 2026

Movie Review: Carry Me Home

I came across this movie short at Angel Studios.  I thought it was very well presented in depicting the personality of Harriet Tubman (Karen Abercrombie).  It really brings her to life, and some of her eccentric behaviors.  She relied on Jesus for guidance, and never lost an escapee.  In this case she was not able to rescue who she intended, but met a different family, Stephen and Maria Ennals (Joel Ashur and Lindsey Aeriel Grimble).  They are a bit hesitant, but do go with her.  A contact point on the underground railroad was compromised and they have to rely on other means, which are provided by a man wondering through the woods saying his wagon is available.  They procure it and make it to safety.  

I really like getting personal in this way with Harriet Tubman who helped so many people make it to the Underground Railroad.



No comments:

Post a Comment