Monday, April 4, 2016

Native American Autobiography and Will Sampson Interview | "The First Americans" Circa 1975/1976



I have always thought of Will Sampson in the light of an actor.  His character in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was superb.  He played the stoic Native American who learned how to play basketball.  But in the end, the title talked about him, he was the one who flew.  He has also portrayed several other character.  He was in White Buffalo.  I saw him in the roll of a Native American leader when he was the guest of honor at the Nevada Inter Tribal Council in probably 1984 and I was working for the Duckwater Shoshone Tribe.  This short video talks about some of his goals and dreams.
looks like a self portrait

ribbon dance

I also didn't know him as an artist, although I should have.  In fact he was doing art long before he was acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment